Meditation is a skill. Learning to meditate is like learning any other skill. Think of it like exercising a muscle that you’ve never really worked out before.
More and more people are discovering the immense benefits about it every day. Through meditation, you can centre yourself, calm your mind, and achieve an enhanced state of psychological well-being. Research shows that regular practice helps to reduce stress, improve concentration, and reap many physical benefits.
There are many forms of practices all over the world, including guided meditation, mindfulness meditation, and more.
Brilliant things happen in calm minds.
- Breathe naturally.
- Get comfortable with discomfort.
- Take mindfulness with you.
- Take a moment & check in with yourself.
- Remind yourself the benefits of it.
- Let the upcoming thoughts flow by.
- Record any excuses.
- Don’t judge.
Meditation can give you a sense of calm, peace and balance that can benefit both your emotional well-being and your overall health. You can also use it to relax and cope with stress by refocusing your attention on something calming. It can help you learn to stay centred and keep inner peace. Ten benefits of meditation are:
- Reduces stress. Stress reduction is one of the most common reasons people try it.
- Controls anxiety.
- Promotes emotional health.
- Enhances self-awareness.
- Lengthens attention span.
- May reduce age-related memory loss.
- Can generate kindness.
- May help/fight addictions.