Stress is how we react when we feel under pressure or threatened. It usually happens when we are in a situation that we don’t feel we can manage or control. When we experience stress, it can be as: An individual, for example when you have lots of responsibilities that you are struggling to manage.
Modern life comes with its fair share of stress. We have to hustle day in and day out to prove our caliber. We live in a time that compels us to flaunt our happiness and success, bringing more pressure to our already stressed-out existence.
Getting disconnected from our authentic selves, we forget what truly brings us joy.
If you want to prevent it from ruling your life, set yourself free from the manufactured reality of how life should be and get in touch with your inner desires.
Different types of stress
Stress actors broadly fall into four types or categories: physical, psychological, psychosocial and psycho-spiritual!
- Difficulty breathing.
- Panic attacks.
- Blurred eyesight or sore eyes.
- Sleep problems.
- Muscle aches and headaches.
- Chest pains and high blood pressure.
- Indigestion or heartburn.
- Get more physical activity.
- Follow a healthy diet.
- Minimise phone use and screen time.
- Practice self-care.
- Reduce your caffeine intake.
- Spend time with friends and family.
- Create boundaries and learn to say no.